[sword-devel] Open Content Creation

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:20:36 -0700

  Joachim Ansorg wrote:

>Ok ok, you think it's not wort it.

I did not say that. And for all I know his commentary may be the best ever
done. I am just saying that some people are going to want credentials or a
trusted standard. This is more of a problem in English where there are
other programs with standard works. In languages where there are no
commentaries, for software or even in print, a TDH commentary could be a
big hit.

Also, I think it would be well worth the effort for anyone to produce their
own personal commentary. The process of writing down comments, passage by
passage is rewarding. But, if I was getting a commentary for others to use,
I would be glad to find someone with better insights than mine to write it.
But, that would not stop me from producing my own and distributing it as I
saw fit.

Jerry