[sword-devel] Open Content Creation

James Gross sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:59:57

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&gt;From: Jerry Hastings <HASTINGS@DANCRIS.COM><BR>&gt;Reply-To: sword-devel@crosswire.org <BR>&gt;To: sword-devel@crosswire.org, sword-devel@crosswire.org <BR>&gt;Subject: Re: [sword-devel] Open Content Creation <BR>&gt;Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 02:41:36 -0700 <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;Another great idea! I like it. Need to be careful with the "cult" word <BR>&gt;though. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Good point.&nbsp; </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&gt;Open source software development is not a good place to <BR>&gt;practice counter cult methods. For reasons like that, a text review board <BR>&gt;should probably not be "official" and should have some distance between it <BR>&gt;and Crosswire. But, it would be nice to see a review of "unknown" works. <BR>&gt;One day I may want to see something written from a certain point of <BR>&gt;view. On another day I may want to look at something written from a differing <BR>&gt;point of view. It would be nice to have an idea of what way a work leans. <BR>&gt;And to know the quality of the writing.&nbsp; <BR>&gt;Jerry <BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Well, your ideas are great IMHO. Since we would need a person or persons to receive the works and prepare them for inclusion in Sword, they could also, possibly, review them and provide a short synopsis of the works.&nbsp; I am no theologian, so I would dare not think that I could say whether something was "cult"-like or not.&nbsp; I just know my Bible (though, not as well as I should).&nbsp; So, I hope I didn't insult anyone when I included the "cult" word in the previous email.&nbsp; I am just throwing out ideas.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>In a similar vein, I will be working on short synopsis' of all of the modules.&nbsp; That way, when we update the website, we can provide the synopsis' for the benefit of the user.&nbsp; If anyone has already been working on such thing, please let me know.&nbsp; </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>In Christ's Service</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Jim</P>