[sword-devel] Cool idea: Commercial Linux /Windows Bible program based on Sword

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 22:12:49 +1000

"Troy A. Griffitts" wrote:

> Do engineers really think our security is LESS secure than other Bible
> software.  I thought it was much more secure.
>
> I understand that the non-technical publisher MAY think that since we
> are opensource, our security may be less secure, but we're using 128-bit
> on the fly encryption (which could be increased if we chose to increase
> our key sizes)
>
> I would challenge anyone to get a plain text version of a locked module
> without having the unlock key.

Troy, did you read my last post about copyright/module unlocking?  What
about you, Chris?  I really would like to know how you think we can have
a free software unlocking system that handles key management securely.
If you can see some holes in my argument, please let me know.

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear