[sword-devel] Re: Volunteer and Project Management

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 22:20:00 +1000

"Troy A. Griffitts" wrote:
> Maybe a bulletin board type of website for
> volunteers to go, where they might see who's doing what and who needs
> help...  What do you think?

Haven't we already got that on SourceForge?
<http://sourceforge.net/pm/?group_id=9516>

> What do you and everyone think about using our news server for this
> list?  We had thought about moving the mailing list over to a news
> server sometime back, and had mixed sentiments.  It would give us a
> great test to see how people like the news server paradigm.  Thoughts?

Most people these days use a news-capable email client, so it shouldn't
be a problem.  I would suggest adding a crosswire.www or something like
that for the requested forum for working on the web page, and also a
crosswire.software.reference (moderated), for filing reference material
like pseudo-FAQs.  We do seem to get the same questions repeated fairly
frequently.

Maybe a news/email cross-posting gateway would be a good idea.  Then
people who like news can read it there, and people who like email can
get it that way.

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear

P.S.  I use a news proxy on my Linux box called leafnode
<http://www.leafnode.org>, and it is pretty cool.  It is as easy to
configure as a news client, and gives me LAN-speed access to my
newsgroups.