[sword-devel] http://www.ccel.org/facsim/

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:12:33 -0700

That is a nice offer, Dave. In the past Bible Foundation has scanned PD
works, but we have not done that in long time. Most of what we have gotten
has been from others that have scanned, OCRed and edited the works. We
don't have Windows NT so I don't think we could take your offer for our
computers. However, we could still scan and OCR some texts if others would
proofread and edit them. Which is the nice thing about
http://www.ccel.org/facsim/ . After the page images and OCRed pages are put
on-line. It allows multiple users to select pages for reading and editing
without each reader needing an original text.

Troy has also done some work to provide a bases for Sword users to edit
Sword texts and send the corrections in. I don't know how that is coming,
but it would be nice to have new texts go through some proofreading before
general distribution.

Jerry Hastings
Bible Foundation