[sword-devel] PDAs / SA1110

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:49:25 -0800

> I have a HP Jornada 680 Windows CE 3.0 handheld.
> Do you guys think the SWORD will be portable to windows CE ??
> any info would be great!

I'm going to try my hardest to get Sword compiled for WCE 3.0 using MS's
free embedded VC++.  It's not going very well right now because CE lacks
STL, though I found a promising portable version of STL at www.stlport.org.
Once the sword library compiles, a whole new frontend will still need to be
written since there aren't currently any written for Win32 using MFC that
could be ported.  I am very excited about the whole thing though, including
possibly using MS's ClearText sub-pixel text rendering, text-to-speech and
speech recognition if free libraries can be found, and synchronization of
desktop & handheld personal commentaries.  But first this little STL hurdle
needs to be crossed. :)

--Chris