[sword-devel] irenaeus

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:03:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I am still here, I didn't completely dissappear.
I haven't had much time recently.
I am now releasing version 0.16 of irenaeus, the ncurses front end to
sword.  I know that there is still much that needs to be done to it,
but I have made some significant improvements:

fixed compile errors that were reported on this mailing list.
(It would have been nice if someone would have told me that it didn't
compile on their machine earlier.  I very much hope that some more people
will download this try to compile it, and tell me if it doesn't.)

fixed some visual glitches.

The most notable change is that I have added a .irenaeusrc file.
  This means that your settings between sessions should be saved.

fixed up the scripting.
  If possible you could try running('r') the script 'scripts/irenaeusrc'
  and tell me if you think that this is a good way to set up the interface.
  This links by module virtual screen 7,8,9, and by verse 4,5,6.
  So 4,5,6 are interlinear and 7,8,9 always display from the same
  module. (remember ? gives a list of available commands)

Richard Holcombe