[sword-devel] Important: Copyright & Modules

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:38:27 -0700

I have a few suggestions.

1) Have someone not connected with the creation of modules verify the
copyright status of each work posted.

2) Post a disclaimer on the download pages that the unlocked texts are
"believed" to be public domain or permitted by license agreements. And
others doing their own distributions should do their own verifications.

3) Post an email address for contacts concerning copyrights and violations
on the download pages.

4) When in doubt remove a module.

5) Keep in mind that the copyright holder does not need to prove to someone
violating his copyright, that he holds a valid copyright before it becomes
a violation.

6) Don't distribute locked modules to ANYONE, unless there is an agreement
with the copyright holder to permit it.

Jerry