[sword-devel] unsubscribe

Horst Hölle sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 17:41:00 +0100

Am Samstag,  3. Februar 2001 15:29 schrieben Sie:
> Hi (even if you are not sword-devel any more)!
>
> > Cool idea: Commercial Linux /Windows Bible program based on Sword)
>
> The idea was not to make money with the Bible or with Sword, my idea was to
> be able to provide locked modules to users who want to use them.
> But as I can see there are better solutions as this suggestion.

There is no 100% secure solution! If I really want, I go to someone who has a
legal release of a commercial program, copy his Configuration in a virtual
machine (even with the mac of an netcard, ...) and have all time I want to
crack the program.

Is it really our work to create a bible more secure than the commercial ones?
I think a personal key solution is secure enough (and as much secure than all
bible-programs I know).

In an Open-Source solution, all distributors of commercial bible-modules have
the possibility to check the security of the programs and even create their
own filters.

> Or why do you think I spend so much time in developing BibleTime (for free
> BTW) ?
> I'm sure not to  make money.
>
> > Good idea: Grab all you can get. It's only the Lord's work.
>
> Sorry if you misunderstood me.
>
> Joachim

Horst