[sword-devel] Open Content Creation

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 02 Feb 2001 12:30:50 -0700

I hesitate to reply.

Let me put it this way. You have a group that is committed to a goal. And
they are one, there are no divisions. Then someone points a finger and
says, "I don't think your kind belongs with us." Next thing you know there
are more divisions than you can count and the work has stopped.

Ask yourself what a heretic <141> is. Then compare <139> (sect/heresy). I
suggest you search for all uses of those Strong's numbers. Then notice Tit
3:10 and 2Pet 2:1. Consider that 2Pet 2 is not talking about a good teacher
with a doctrinal problem. And it is not talking about a person deceived by
that teacher or by the false teacher. It is talking about a false teacher
that cuts out a group from the Church for his own greedy purposes. I
suggest that heretic in Tit 3:10 could easily be translated sectarian. Now
I wonder who is the greater sectarian. Who is the one promoting sects. The
person with an opinion or the person that forces others to take sides based
on their opinions.

Please don't ask me to take sides.

As to the false teachers, I plan to follow Jeremiah 23:28 "The prophet that
hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak
my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD."

Jerry