[sword-devel] Cool idea: Commercial Linux /Windows Bible program based on Sword

Paul Dean sword-devel@crosswire.org
02 Feb 2001 17:42:17 +0000

Jerry Hastings <hastings@dancris.com> writes:

> Well said, I completely agree!
>
> The problem is not security it is money. If they sell enough to make
> enough money so that publishers will overlook the level of illegal
> copies, then there will be no problem.

True.  And in another sense, the answer is prayer and the will of God,
to speak into the hearts of these publishers.

My greatest heros are the Gideons, who pay the license fee themselves
for every bible they give away.  Which, now that I mention it, is a
good point.  A Gideon once told me that they had tried very
strenuously to get permission to give away the NIV bibles that they
print[1], but, alas, they still have to pay the royalties.  I don't
think that a group of geeks(no offence!) will have more success than a
group of Gideon businessmen.

[1] there is no footnote 1.  sorry. :)

--
Paul