[sword-devel] Cool idea: Commercial Linux /Windows Bible program based on Sword

Paul Dean sword-devel@crosswire.org
02 Feb 2001 17:33:16 +0000

Jerry Hastings <hastings@dancris.com> writes:

> There is another problem. Data (text) has to go to the screen. When it does
> I can capture it. The software can limit the amount of data (verses) that
> can be displayed at one time, but I can automate the process. The software
> won't know my bot from me. I can then convert the graphic data to text.
>
> This is not unique to Sword. I believe I can make a file of a complete and
> decrypted text with any of the commercial software too, if I have the key.

A 5 line perl program will make an unencryrpted bible from any of the
online bible sites which provide chapter-by-chapter translations of
copyright bibles.  It's just a bit slower than just downloading one
big file - about an hour rather than 15 minutes, on my modem.

--
Paul
http://www.redeemed.org.uk/