[sword-devel] Cool idea: Commercial Linux /Windows Bible program based on Sword

Trevor Jenkins sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:53:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, darwin@ichristian.com <darwin@ichristian.com> wrote:

> Paul Gear writes:
>
> > That's the NIV, for those who are curious.  (I'm sure Bob's not allowed
> > to say due to his licensing arrangement with Zondervan.)
>
> I bought a copy of software at Walmart with the NIV for $10 or so... Was
> someone selling at a loss to get their software noticed, or as a ministtry.

I bought a copy of Compton's Interactive Bible several years ago. It was
15 (British) pounds reduced from 30. I still see piles of the boxes in
various computer stored. The thing about this CD-ROM is that the text of
the NIV is unencrypted. The interface is awful and the search engine
slow. As I no longer use Microsoft Windows I've copied the text to my
Linux workstation where I make us of it for my provate study. That said I
tend to use the Web searchable version more.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!

--

<>< Re: deemed!