[sword-devel] InstallMgr

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 18:00:19 +0100

> Most of the InstallMgr code is cross-platform, thanks to Troy's port of
> VCL to Linux.  To my understanding, InstallMgr already runs in Linux for
> copying modules from the CD.  That means all that needs to be done is to
> add FTP capabilities using an off-the-shelf FTP library.

Sounds good. Troy is ahead of us like always. ;)
But imo there should be only one code base in future (is this the case
already?) in order to combine all efforts.
And can there be static versions (rpm etc.) of it which don't require users
to have gtk installed? Or is this also already the case?

> We should also add login/password capabilities to InstallMgr, which
> should be pretty easy.  This allows us to post beta & locked texts more
> privately.

Would definitely be a good idea.
Others:
-create sword.conf
-install to ~/.sword or different places
-edit config files (set unlock key etc).
-i18n(), maybe using sword's capabilities?

later:
-sync edited modules with those on crosswire for people who are allowed to do
so

These are just some thigs that came to my mind right now.

Martin