[sword-devel] Win32 software not starting

Jerry Kreps sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:16:41 -0600

On Friday 21 December 2001 03:59, Andrew Craig wrote:
> When I install the software then I get an error when the setup
> program tries to show the install manager screen. The error I get
> is: "Error reading Image1. Picture.Data:External Exception
> C000001D" I get a similar error when trying to start the main bible
> program. I have installed the ASV and tried the normal things to
> get the software to work but no joy.

Looks like the classic Win95 error related to the lack of DCOM being
installed.  Go to the MS website and search for DCOM95.EXE, download
and install it.  The clears most, but not all of those kinds of
errors.
JLK