[sword-devel] Java developer available

Mike Dougherty sword-devel@crosswire.org
20 Dec 2001 22:07:19 -0800

On Thu, 2001-12-20 at 19:45, James Stauffer wrote:
> I am a Java developer and am interested in helping.  I read much of the
> recent thread in the archive about the java port.  I don't know any of
> the current code so where would be a good place to start?

I don't know James. There's a lot that needs to be done. I believe Troy
and I are working on the org.crosswire.sword.mgr package at the moment
(at least when time permits).

What I've been hoping to do is take a look at Project B's code to see
how much we can borrow from that. No sense writing it from scratch if we
don't have to. If it's something that interests you, maybe you could
start looking at that?

Other than that, just pick someplace and check it out. If you have
questions or run into problems just ask.

/mike

 Mike Dougherty -- Java Software Engineer
 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are
 motheaten.
 	James 5:2