[sword-devel] GNU and OS ideologies and indulgences

Timothy R. Butler sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 00:45:45 -0600

> Depends what you mean by "reject". If someone wrongly believes that
> Genesis creation is
> some kind of metaphor or abstract description, it's not really a
> salvation issue is it? Nor
> is it profitable to try and force everyone else to believe your point of
> view, (which could
> alienate people with fixed ideas in that area).

  You raise a good point. My main line of reasoning is if someone says "Well,
that's just a myth" or "That's outdated, science has disproved Genesis," not
someone who misinterperates the fact that Genesis creation is literal rather
than a metaphore. Then again taking too much of the Bible as a metaphore
could also cause major problems, but that's a whole different can of worms.

  -Tim

Timothy R. Butler | Universal  Networks | http://www.uninet.info
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com          ICQ: 12495932 AIM: Uninettm
Christian Portal and Search Tool:       http://www.faithtree.com