[sword-devel] GNU and OS ideologies and indulgences

Jerry Kreps sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 20:59:00 -0600

On Wednesday 19 December 2001 14:27, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> > Errm ...... at risk of being off topic - are you saying that you
> > can't believe in evolution AND be a Christian?
>
>   No, while I would say anyone who accepts the authority of the
> Bible would surely accept the Genesis creation account, my
> statement about RMS is not based on his support of evolution.
>   RMS has publicly noted, on more than one occassion, that he is an
> atheist.
>
>   -Tim

Tim,
Because the Bible clearly states that death came because of Adam (Rom
5:12 and I Cor 15:21-22)  Walt Brown makes this statement:

"If evolution happened, then death was widespread before man evolved.
 But if death preceeded man and was not a result of Adam's sin, then
sin is a fiction.  If sin is a fictiion, then we have no need of a
Savior."  - Walt Brown (PhD, MIT)  "In the Beginning", p200.

He gives 73 points of contention between 'facts' in Theistic
evolution and statements in the Bible.  Very interesting.
Jerry