[sword-devel] Text ordering

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 09:52:03 -0800

> A general question, many people, myself inclueded have a
> preference for a different text order than is customarily
> used. I prefer to order books as collections in order of
> importance, similarly to the way that the Complete Jewish
> Bible does it.

Nothing like this currently exists.  I think we have plans to allow
content authors to re-order books, but we hadn't considered allowing
users to do so later on.  I wouldn't have thought of it.  But now that
you mention it, I might be more comfortable taking the Tanach and
re-ordering it to the traditional Protestant ordering.  So it sounds
like a valuable feature, and relatively simple to enact, once we can
handle multiple versifications.

We could either handle book order as a function of versification, or
separately.  So, for example, a user to choose to put the BHS in KJV
book order, but retain the BHS versification; or vice versa.

--Chris