[sword-devel] GNU and OS ideologies

Jerry Kreps sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:19:57 -0600

On Tuesday 11 December 2001 06:52, Martin Gruner wrote:
> > Did go as far as to compile with KDevelop, or just edit?
>
> Since compiling involves just a make call, you can use KDevelop to
> compile sword, too.
>
> Martin

I had done that, that's why I asked.  But, I fired the make in the
root of the tree and ended up with a 19MB libsword.a file, which was
interesting, if not useless!!!!  :)
My question was poorly phrased.  What I was intending to ask was if
you used KDevelop on a regular basis to do your compiles or do you
mainly compile from the command line?   I had seen mention of 'vi'
and other tools and I was just trying to get a handle on what tools
everyone  was using to code and compile with.
JLK