[sword-devel] Build file for jsword

Bobby Nations sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 09 Dec 2001 22:52:15 -0600

Mike Dougherty wrote:

> On Sun, 2001-12-09 at 19:13, Bobby Nations wrote:
>
> It works, I like it! I by no means have the final word, but may I
> suggest a few changes?

By all means.  That's the great thing about working with others ...
instant growth :-)  After all, no one owns the code, and so it's always
available for refactoring and improving.

> 15c15
> <       <property name="build.dir" value="btree" />
> ---
> >       <property name="build.dir" value="classes" />
>
> Functionally it does the same thing. I prefer to use classes, it's more
> of name for what is going in the directory. Also, a few IDEs that
> compile into separate directories (i.e. JBuilder) use "src" and
> "classes" so this name will make it easier for those lazy developers
> that use an IDE. (Ooooh, I feel flame coming on...)

Works for me, and there's already a classes directory in CVS.  I believe
it was used to house the final jar file (at least that's where it showed
up when I did a make), but it does make more sense to instead use it to
house the intermediate class files instead.

Not being much of an IDE guy, I didn't know about their default ways of
doing things.  Thanks for the info.

> 37c37
> <     <target name="compile" depends="javadoc">
> ---
> >     <target name="compile" depends="init,createDir">
>
> Compiling doesn't necessarily depend on Javadoc's being generated, but
> it does depend on the other two. It also can be time consuming to
> recreate the Javadocs every time you compile.

No problem, I just got tired of typing 'ant javadoc' all of the time.

Good comments, and thanks for the help.

Bobby