[sword-devel] I want to port the API to Java

Mike Dougherty sword-devel@crosswire.org
05 Dec 2001 19:45:26 -0800

On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 18:34, Chris wrote:

> David Overcash wrote:
>
> >Hey Guys,
> >Dave here. Just saying that I am VERY Interested in helping out with this
> >new branch of the Sword Project seeing as it will help me learn JAVA really
> >quickly..  Plus, I just got Visual J++ so I was hoping that would still
> >allow me to compile correctly.
> >
> Isn't Visual J++ Java "1" ? Maybe you should lean something with a
> future instead (netbeans, if you want something opensource).

1.1.7 if I remember correctly. I hope you didn't spend any of your hard
earned cash on VJ++ ;-). If I were you (and I was once) I would run as
far away from VJ++ as possible.

I'll second Chris on NetBeans (http://www.netbeans.org), it is an
awesome Java IDE (it's even written in Java and 100% portable). It's
actually probably the best one on the market. At least from what I have
seen, and I have looked into all the majors (JBuilder, VisualCafe,
VisualAge, etc).

/mike

 Mike Dougherty -- Java Software Engineer
 Sometimes when you look into his eyes you get the feeling that someone
 else is driving.
 		-- David Letterman