[sword-devel] Creating sword modules

David Overcash sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 13:54:20 -0600

I agree.  Should we (or is there already) open an area on the
sword/crosswire site to accept donations?  I am sure many people would
donate money and it could be put to lots of uses

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org]On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 5:04 AM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] Creating sword modules

If you are getting a half million downloads, I wouldn't be at all
surprised if you could do a lot
better than 10,000 x $10. After all there's probably a bunch of these
same people paying
multi-times that amount for commercial products as well.

If crosswire's goal is to give stuff away, I would think you need to get
a licencing deal
done just so you can play in the same league. As an example, I know a
retired lady, who
can ill-afford to be buying software, recently spent about $60 I think
for some bible
program. While you and I would like to be able to give her say NIV free,
we'd still
be doing the world a service if we could give it to her for $10 and save
her $50.