[sword-devel] Copyrighting The Bible? / OSIS

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:27:40 +0200

Hi Troy!

Here are noe some ideas we could use in BibleTime in the future.
But note that I have absolutely no idea of XML.

I think that we need more information about the original grammatic so we are
attractive for Bible scholars. Something like in BibleWorks.

	1. The data format should support grammatical information so it's possible
to search eg for "the word Jesus where it's used as subject". This would be
cool not only for serched but to offer some help for Bible scholars so they
could determine the grammatical tense and form of the word.

	2. All verbs should have information about their inifinitive so a search
like "show me all verbs with the infinitive xxxx". Maybe this should be
limited to module in greek, hebrew, latin but I would really be nice to be
able to do such a thing in german or english modules.

That's it for now. Maybe other people have more ideas how to help Bible
scholars.

Joachim