[sword-devel] New and updated modules

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:15:16 -0700

> > I was wondering if we could use two thtmlhtml filters - one with
> > 'a href' links and one without.
>
> Fine by me, but it's not my API. :)  Maybe there's something that could
> be toggled, similar to the way GlobalOptionFilters are toggled, to
> determine whether hrefs are passed to the output or not.  I think you
> and the BibleTime guys are the only ones using HTML output--or has BT
> changed to ThML?

The next major rev of the engine is planned to render all texts to a
common intermediate markup language.  This will allow a frontend writer
to build a single filter XMarkupToMyFrontendMarkup.  Right now, the more
filters, the better, but let's not add a new mechanism to select which
filter the frontend wants to use-- that's what SWMgr::AddRenderFilters
is for.

> > The one I'm using for
> > gnomesword now filters
> > <scripRef version="KJV" passage="Ge 1:1">Ge 1:1</scripRef>
> > to <a ref="version=KJV passage=Ge 1:1">Ge 1:1</a>
> > <scripRef passage="Ge 1:1">Ge 1:1</scripRef>
> > to <a href="passage=Ge 1:1">Ge 1:1</a>
> > and now
> > <scripRef>Ge 1:1</scripRef>
> > to <a href="passage=Ge 1:1">Ge 1:1</a>
> > it also filter sync=Stongs to an 'a href' link.
>
> Do you think this syntax could be changed to something more
> (X)HTML-like?  Perhaps <a href="Ge 1:1" class="KJV"> or <a
> href="Ge+1%3A1" class="KJV">.  I'm no authority on XML or HTML, so I
> couldn't say what is best here--maybe your syntax is fine.

For verse ref syntax discussions, PLEASE comment on:

They would LOVE a discussion.

	-Troy.