[sword-devel] Gnomesword 0.5 - what am I doing wrong here?

Jesse Jacobsen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 20:06:30 -0500

I just freshly compiled Sword 1.5.2 and GnomeSword 0.5 after fetching
the needed libraries.  Very excited, I ran it as follows:

<begin snippet>
[strider:~]$ gnomesword
Building GnomeSword interface

gtkhtml-ERROR **: gconf is not initialized, please call gconf_init before using GtkHTML library

aborting...
Aborted
<end snippet>

To me, it seems like the error is complaining about something that
GnomeSword should be doing but is not.  Well, evidently something's
different here than other places where it runs.

I'm using a Debian system, mostly Woody and a bit of Sid where
necessary to get the right versions of things.  Cheatah runs with a
bunch of visible modules.  I don't use Gnome apps much anyway, so I
can't say if anything else is not working.  Any suggestions?  Further
questions about my environment?  Thanks for any help.

Jesse

--
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it
is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.