[sword-devel] Abstract references between documents

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:31:34 -0700

>My current (actually years-old) thinking on abstract referencing of
>documents is given in http://www.ccel.org/ThML/ccel-URI.htm.  Briefly,
>to return section III.xx.4 of Calvin's Institutes in html, you'd use
>something like this:
><SNIP>

I am glad you provided that info. I had forgotten it was there.

I was wondering though about early writings that are found in fragments and
various manuscript formats, Something like The Didache. If you are looking
for the line in it that reads something like, "...he shall not abide more
than a single day...." Some editors have that in passage 11 (Lightfoot,
Sparks). Others have that in passage 7a (Jurgens). In your URI format I
could specify Lightfoot. Could there be anything like a default if the
author/editor is not given?

Jerry