[sword-devel] Early Church Fathers

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:18:34 +0200

> > FYI, there's excellent open-source full-text search engine code
> > available.  In its older incarnation it's called "mg" and it is
> > associated with the book "Managing Gigabytes ...".  Text only.
>
> I know about mg; checking back throughthe lists archives will show several
> of us have mentioned the software and the (excellent) book before.
> However, it has as serious a problem as does the present "position
> pointer" situation. It does't allow enough of a fine grain in the
> sub-structure of the text.

Well. What is better - to use a search library which is already available but
not perfect (but surely faster than what we have now) or to wait for a
completely new search engine which might never come?
Trevor, I do not want to offend you. It's not your fault that you have been
ill. But I hope you understand that I would like to see a new search engine
soon.

Martin