[sword-devel] Early Church Fathers format?

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 17:53:09 -0700

>Does anyone have any suggestions for how this format ought to be done?
>Should we design a format that subdivides a text into arbitrarily small
>divisions?

If a text was broken down to sentences, an index of sentences like the VSS
for Bibles could be used. It would allow for references/links to a
sentence. One problem with collections of Early writings is that different
translations and collections use different passage numberings. Much like
different Bible translations use different verse numberings. Also like the
Bible, there are order, omission and inclusion issues. Perhaps Harry
Plantinga can give some input on that, and how they make, or will make,
references in the works at CCEL.

Jerry