[sword-devel] JFB Commentary Question

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:06:48 -0700

> Their web page specifically says that they are a non-profit organisation
> <http://bible.org/docs/about/mission.htm>.

I saw that, but their actions contradict their statement.  If their whole
mission were to give out electronic texts, they wouldn't need to charge a
royalty from OliveTree or Logos.  Maybe they barely break even after paying
the bills and they are an NPO.  Or maybe the Bible Studies Foundation is an
NPO and the Bible Studies Press, LLC is a commercial enterprise.  Call me
crazy, but it's my opinion that an organization that devotes 1/3 of its
homepage to its online store doesn't belong in the .org domainspace.  I'm
not arguing against their right to exist or do business, just their
judgement in choosing that domain.

> Are you going to ask them about the NET or shall i?

Please do.  I have too much on my plate as it is trying to fix all the bugs
and errors I seem to have introduced over the weekend. :)

--Chris