[sword-devel] New Sword Website design

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 19:59:23 +1000

"Don A. Elbourne Jr." wrote:

> I've done a little more work on the new Sword website design. If you have a
> moment please stop by, http://elbourne.org/sword and let me know what you
> think.

Overall:
- Has a much better effect than the current web site.
- Has no frames!  Yay!  (Although under Mozilla, the annoying Netscape "reset
your background to the default when you use frames" bug is gone, so i won't be
so annoyed about frames once Mozilla is stable enough to use every day.)

Problems:
- Link to newsgroup has forward slashes rather than backslashes.
- In the page http://www.elbourne.org/sword/downloads.shtml, the links for
Bibles, commentaries, and dictionaries do not show up, except when i click
them.  I have JavaScript and CSS turned on.

Suggestions:
- Make the blue background a little lighter (only a few shades).  It needs a
little more contrast with the text.
- The close blue and black stripes behind the main title are a little too
mezmerizing (like staring at the X11 default background).  Dunno what you
could do about it, but it needs to be a little more eye-friendly.

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear