[sword-devel] Portability ......

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:24:05 +0100

Hi .......

I saw references on this list to CVS and started looking for myself out of
interest.  I hadn't realised just how easy it is to make a port of GTK+
based code from Linux to Windows.  I've been experimenting with the
Glade visual front end builder (not written anything serious yet).

The GTK+ libraries are available as pre-compiled win32 dll's together with
modified headers, and library stubs. Everything you need can be
downloaded from: http://user.sgic.fi/~tml/gimp/win32/ and installed under
Windows.

A Linux/GTK+ experiment that I had made using Glade under Linux now
runs perfectly under Windows, made with the Windows port of GCC and
using just a few DLL's.

Regards,

Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of Arnold United Reformed Church,