[sword-devel] new Diatheke

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 21:55:44 -0800

I posted a new version of Diatheke to CVS that deals with localization.  It
should be able to detect your browser settings and read/print verse
references appropriate to the locale you have set there, assuming there is
such a locale for sword.

The CGI can also dynamically generate a web page for you with all the
modules you have installed, but I would still suggest creating your own page
over using this since it is somewhat bland and increases server load
considerably.  You can see the example page running on my site at
http://bible.gotjesus.org/cgi-bin/diatheke.pl .

I think the only other change is that the command line util now defaults to
plaintext rendering instead of ThML.  This doesn't change anything about the
CGI or eggdrop scripts' function or performance.

Bug reports and suggestions for further enhancements are welcome and
encouraged.  :)

--Chris