[sword-devel] vpl2mod

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 10:50:07 -0700 (MST)

(I think) vpl2mod works as it's intended, but it has a very specific file
format that it's expecting (i.e. one verse perline).  I don't know the
specifics of what OLB is
outputting, but there may be extra lines in it.  For example, maybe poetry
includes more than one newline character per verse.  Correct me if I'm
wrong, but vpl2mod might also expect book/chapter/testament/module intro
lines to further confuse things. :)  What's needed in addition to
vpl2mod's current functionality is an ability to have vpl2mod read in
verse references and add all following text to that verse until it comes
to the next verse ref.  I'm not sure what we'll do for translations with
more verses in any given chapter than the KJV since SWORD would map them
onto verses in the following chapter, where another verse ought to exist.
-Chris Little