[sword-devel] Important things!

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 05:21:53 +1000

Jerry Hastings wrote:

> At 08:59 PM 10/16/2000 +1000, Paul Gear wrote:
> >  The OLB Byzantine text
> >is fully parsed.  "All" we have to do is get it into a usable form and
> >retrofit the parsing to the NA/UBS text.
>
> Speaking of NA/UBS texts, there is one at:
> http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/GNT/index.html
>
> The text was prepared, typed and proof-read by Maurice A. Robinson. It is a
> public domain version which includes all NA26 variants in an apparatus.

That one's not parsed.  The one we've got already gives us the same
thing.  The best source i've found for different source texts is Vincent
Broman's site: http://users.mstar2.net/broman/editions.html.  However,
there is no free parsed NA/UBS text.  All the ones i've seen originate
from CCAT and need a restrictive user agreement to use them.  That's why
i suggested getting the free parsed Byzantine text from Robinson and
retrofitting the parsing to the NA/UBS text.

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear