[sword-devel] Important things!

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 20:59:11 +1000

"Troy A. Griffitts" wrote:
> > Hmm, Bible Works 4.0 was cool with it morphologic analysis and it's
> > interlinear display.
> > But who could add the tags?
>
> There are modules with morph codes.  I'm sure that is what Bible Works
> does.  I don't know of any pure language morph analyzer.  There are just
> too many situations where context determines the declension.

Exactly right - there is no package i know of which does parsing on the
fly.  It is all just static data in the modules.  The OLB Byzantine text
is fully parsed.  "All" we have to do is get it into a usable form and
retrofit the parsing to the NA/UBS text.

> > This remembers me that I have to buy a good C++ book to learn it better.
>
> :)
>
> Yeah, I need to get a new job and get out of this Java world! :)

Heretic!  Stone him!  8^)

(Actually, i'd settle for a usable Sword API in Java...  ;-)

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear