[sword-devel] Sword Website

Paul Dean sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:07:34 +0100

Paul Gear wrote:

> "Don A. Elbourne Jr." wrote:
> >
> > I'm not real familiar with png but your screenshot looks like what Netscape
> > used to do with transparent gifs on a table background color. I'm assuming
> > your browser is having the same trouble.
>
> s/used to do/still does/g
>
> I am running 4.75 on Red Hat 7.0 - the latest release version you can
> get!

At work I have to use netscape3(due to the sun workstations being too
slow to run the solaris version of netscape4, but that's university
funding for you:)), and it ignores table backgrounds outright.  It seems
that netscape4 does table backgrounds, but differently to IE5, and
netscape6 does it properly.  I've just had a look at the page with
netscape6 and it looks really good; I'd only seen it with netscape4
until now.

But I think it is important that the site not be I.E. specific...

--
Paul

"Unless the being of a God be presupposed, no tolerable account can be
given of the being of any thing." - Ezekiel Hopkins