[sword-devel] Re: Sword Website

Paul Dean sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:26:04 +0100

Peter Federighi wrote:

> I like the new designs.  I happen to like colorful graphics and the sword
> looks nice.  It never occurred to me that someone would think of it as
> symbolic.  I know a few unbelievers who might actually check out the site
> because it has the cool sword on it.

My first thought was that the things around the sword were thorns and
thus recalling that the written Word of God is intrinsically about the
work and passion of the Incarnate Word.

Anyway, I was trying to put off getting involved in the sword project
right now -- too many other commitments.  I'm really keen to get
involved with the programming and modules(and maybe web-site) later on.
Some final thoughts on the web-site.

o I agree that a white background is much more appropriate.

o I think that sites which are text-only merely give the impression that
the  writers don't care about how it looks.  I'm not sure that's the
right    impression to give out(we wouldn't want to give that impression
in a church magazine, right?)

o My big title graphic was too large.  I've left
http://www.redeemed.org.uk/sword_project.jpg there if anyone else wants
to use it, or refer to it.

o The bugs.html doesn't seem to say anything pertinent to bugs.

o Are mail.html and feedback.html both needed?  Don't they serve the
same purpose?

God bless,
--
Paul

"It is a destructive addition to add anything to Christ" - Richard
Sibbes.