[sword-devel] Relational Databases

Trevor Jenkins sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 16 May 2000 11:35:53 GMT

On Mon, 15 May 2000 19:48:46 +0000, Joachim Ansorg <Jockel123@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Oh!
>
> Hello Trevor!
>
> Nice to see you again!

I'm still off work (for those new to the list I have post viral fatigue).
I've been following the discussions here. But the good news is I seem to be
getting better. The bad news is that my lap top crashed---literally as it
fell off the desk. The jolt appears to have dislodged the memory expansion
so System 7 doesn't start properly. The really observant will notice that
I'm using an old PC for my email at the moment.

> Is there any chance to get your knowledge into SWORD ;-) ?
> Would be cool, but I know that I'm nerving you!

Actually in a small period of lucidity I did some work on the specification
document for including a fully inverted search module into SWORD. With a
few more of those moments I should be able to get it completed and then you
can all comment. I knows it's been a long time coming but I think the wait
will be worth it.

In my muddled state I was having difficulty creating a sensible grammar for
search commans. Whilst chasing down some links on the craft of Bible
translation I found some useful things at the SIL site, which included a
better (search) grammar than the one I was formulating.

--

<>< Re: deemed!