[sword-devel] greek font, unlocking BHS

Michael Blaustein sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:28:57 -0500 (EST)

I have installed sword 1.5 and bibletime 0.23 and modules for lxx,
Tisch nt as well as BHS.

Problems:
1. both lxx and tisch modules specify the font "Symbol". This seems to
work for lxx, but not for the tisch new test. module.  In the latter,
the final sigma character appears as an omega with a circumflex (or
some kind of line -- it's a little blurry) above it.   Is my symbol
font broken, or is there a bug in the module?  What font should
display the nt text correctly?

Also, is any work being done to include diacritical marks like accents
and breathing marks in the texts?  There are quite a few Greek fonts
now that include these marks.

2. The bhs module, according to the web site, is locked.  First, what
do I need to do to get a key for deciphering it?  Second, why is it
locked -- the bhs text is commonly and widely available on the web.  A
number of years ago I signed an agreement with (I think) CCAT at
Univ. of Penn. to get the electronic version, but more lately it
appears to be obtainable without such an agreement.  Or am I wrong?

Thanks for any information.

--
Michael Blaustein
m-blaustein@sjca.edu