[sword-devel] LOGO proposal

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:36:05 +0000

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Some time ago I promised to create a logo for the SWORD project.
>
> My brother had to to a arts project for school and created a SWORD logo. I really like it.
>
> See a pre-release of the logo at http://www.bibletime.de/images/sword-logo.jpg
>
> Please comment on the picture (likes / dislikes).

Likes:
- Love the raytracing
- The cool wood-grained laptop is excellent
- The lighting of the laptop screen and the sword is quite clever

Dislikes:
- The really bright lamp spots on the table - very glary!

Suggestions:
- Try pointing the bright lights in the foreground off the table a bit
(like the one highlighting the tip of the sword).
- Find a way to highlight the far edge of the sword hilt - when it is
shrunk down to 320 x 240 or 160 x 120, it gets lost in the background a
little.
- Maybe make the backdrop one of those stereotypical medieval libraries
with the really tall bookshelves and the big hardcover books?  I love
those places!  :-)

Overall, i think this would be fine as a splash screen, but a logo is
something that people need to be able to put in their web page as a link
or something like that, so it needs to scale down one of those 300 x 60
web page banner ads easily.

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear