[sword-devel] abnormal program termination

James Gross sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 23:34:28 PST

Dear Clay:

You could try to do the following, which worked for me:

1.  Go to the drive that you installed Sword to (such as c:) then go to
Program Files\Crosswire\The SWORD Project\mods.d\eastons.conf
2.  See if it is 2k in size, if yes, then:
3.  Go to The SWORD Project\modules\lexdict\rawld\eastons\eastons.conf
4.  See if it is 2k in size, if yes, then I have no answer for you.

If one of the files is 0k, then just copy the file that is 2k in size to the
directory that has the 0k file in it.  That should work just fine.  If you
are still having problems, try downloading the zip file and expand it and
copy to the proper directories.

I know that I probably could have written a more concise reply, but it is
late and I am in the midst of moving.  Sorry.  The above directions work for
any of the abnormal program termination warnings that you might receive in
the future.  Just remember that all of the .conf files are different in
size, not just 2k.  The program seems to compare the xxx.conf files in
mods.d and the modules directory to see if they are similiar in size.  If
not, then you get the APT warning.

Your brother in Christ,
Jim

P.S.  I only have received the APT warning when I use the .exe files, never
with the .zip files.