[sword-devel] Web interface?

Mike Norton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:09:23 -0700

PHP is definitely the way to go.  Besides being very portable it is faster
and more powerful than ASP, or Coldfusion.

Also, PHP is very easy to code in and has TONS of things you can do with it.
I would suggest going to http://www.php.org  and take a look at the docs.
There are some real nice things in there.

Also, on a related note.  I have not been following to closely the project
or the format of the text but if there where a way to put it in MySQL or at
least a search list it would be fast also.

Just my .02 worth/

In His Service
Mike Norton
BlueBoy Multimedia
http://www.blueboymultimedia.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org]On Behalf Of Chris Little
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 5:47 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: RE: [sword-devel] Web interface?

I don't really know much about PHP, but I know Perl to a degree and have
found that its text processing/pattern matching abilities are very useful
for this sort of thing.  I think a Perl module that directly interfaces
with the SWORD libraries would be invaluable.  Maybe PHP can offer the
same things as Perl, however.

--Chris Little