[sword-devel] Doctrinal Statement

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 05:37:29 GMT

Gary Amirault writes:

> "Why can't we all just get along?" is great in the context of peace in the
> inner city, but theologically, it is the road to Hell.
>
> Gary: I thought "hell" was predestined from the foundation of the world. One
> doesn't walk on a road to get there, one is born into simply for being
> created. What a sick sick god, or a sick sick view of the God who said He
> "will have all men be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth."

So everyone will be saved?  Then why evangelize?  Leave the heathen alone,
or better yet, join them, since they seem to be having all of the fun...

Gary didn't write that, I did.  But by studying I have to say "Yes", God
destines some to Hell, which is where we all deserve to go!  I struggled
with this for wuite a while, and still don't fully undeerstand it, nor will
I until God tells me himself after my resurrection.

One either has to believe that some are destined to Hell, or that God's
will can be circumvented by a mere man.  I can tell you which ones most
churches preach, because it puts people in the pews.

It is a hard teaching, but when you understand that Hell is where we would
all end up if not for God's mercy, it brings about gratitude and
thanksgiving.

The fact that I used symbolic language, as scripture does in this case,
does not indicate that it is a journey, but that the way is narrow.
Remember to treat symbolic language symbolically, or you will have to climb
back into your mother's womb to be born again...  ;-)

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
   Evolution is a myth...