[sword-devel] Doctrinal Statement

geoffrey W Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 10:23:39 -0700

Maybe the place to put this kind of information would be in the help
contents under the modules section. A section on module background
information. Then if the module discription warranted a paragraph you
could have a whole paragraph. You could then include information about
the author/authors and their backgrounds, beliefs and other works they
may have done.

As far as downloading the modules. Other sections could be added to the
Crosswire site and clearly labled as to what they are for those who
wished to download them. ie. Non-Christian Topics and Reference Works.

Geoff  Hastings
geoffreyhastings@juno.com

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 16:37:58 GMT darwin@ichristian.com writes:

> I would like to suggest even expanding this concept.  Let's take it
> a step  further.  I think it would be helpful for novices to have a
method
> for determining which commentaries come from which angles etc.
>
> This could be a lengthy process to define the categories, but could
> be extremely useful in the long run.
>
> The categorization would be partly based on the opinion of the
> distributor, but could be helpful.
>
> Some initial breakdowns:
>
> Covenental, Dispensational ...
> Pre-millenial, post-millenial, amillenial, preterist
> Type of document: Commentary, apologetics, hymns ...
>
> There may be some documents that would be hard to classify, but it
> wuld be helpful if one's goal is to explore the covenental view of a
certain
> topic.
>
>    Darwin Gregory

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!