[sword-devel] Doctrinal Statement

Dan Bertles sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:31:04 -0500

Thanks George,

My focus was in regard to allowing non-Biblical texts to enter the project
or not.  I definitely prefer NOT.  We come to know the real thing by
studying the real thing!  We can also know the counterfeit by studying the
real thing.  On the other hand, we should make sure that all godly texts are
available to everyone.  Isaiah 55:11 states the value of God's word
accomplishing what He intends.  Paul didn't care why people preached, so
long as the preaching was done.  If a cultist wants Sword, he's going to get
more than he is asking for.  I just wouldn't want this important project to
be smeared, compromised or defiled by false texts and doctrines.

Dan