[sword-devel] Authoring/editing texts

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 00:28:00 -0400

Hello,

How do I go about making my own Bible text modules?  I was looking at the nt and
ot files for the World English Bible, and it looks easy enough format-wise.  I tried just
editing the ot and nt files, but it makes the verses go out of sync.  How does
one edit the .vss files, or create new ones to reflect changes to the ot and nt
files?

I'd like to make various changes, and create a module for my own use.

Can someone give me a step-by-step for how to do this?  I'm using Bibletime for
Linux, if that matters.

Since I'm using Linux, I would prefer to use that, although I have Windows too
if there's no software for Linux to do what I want.

Thanks in advance!
Solomon