[sword-devel] Greek texts

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 07:52:04 +1000

Jeffrey Hoyt wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> > Here are some sources that might be of interest:
> >
> >       http://www1.uni-bremen.de/~wie/GNT/
> >       http://users.mstar2.net/broman/gnt.html
>
> Forgive my ignorance--are there any scripts to convert the plain-text and
> parsed-text files from ...broman/editions.html (above) into Sword modules?

That's the whole point of my question.  I want to know whether there is
any effort underway to make this info available in Sword.

"Troy A. Griffitts" wrote:

> Actually, this is pretty cool.  This guy renders gnt on the fly to a web
> browser as a mapped image that lets you click on a word and get the
> declension.
>
>         http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~fisher/gnt/

Unfortunately, both this text and the one from Broman (on which it is
based) were derived from the CCAT, which has some serious licensing
restrictions that i don't want to subject any text to.  The first site
above is unencumbered (being derived from the work of Maurice Robinson
for the Online Bible), but doesn't contain any morph codes or
formatting.

Does anyone know if Maurice Robinson is still working closely with
Online Bible, or do you think he would be open to providing us with a
decent unencumbered text?  (I certainly don't want to put effort into a
text that Larry has cast his dubious copyright cloud over.)

Who converted the Sword Greek texts?  Was it Chris Little?  Are you out
there, mate?  Where did the source texts for the current modules come
from?

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear