[sword-devel] Working on a STEP Reader for SWORD

Trandahl, Steve sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 05:44:38 -0700

Paul,
	I did successfully decompress some of the text, thanks in part to
your help.  I posted a message describing my next step (no pun intended) on
Jun 23.  Basically,  I want to start figuring out how to create a STEP class
that works the same as the existing Rawtext class.  However, my old Windows
C++ compiler doesn't have the list class required to compile the Rawtext
class.

	So right now, I'm at the beginning of a steep learning curve -- I'm
trying to figure out how to compile the code under Linux.  Since I'm
basically a WIMP (I like Windows, Icons, Mice and Pull-down menus ;-) ),
I've never had to deal with a command-line compiler and make files. This
will take a little while.

	If anyone can provide any information that would speed up the
process, I'd appreciate it.  I'd like information on compiling under Linux
or on compiling the Windows version of SWORD. Ideally, I would like to know
how to compile one of the complete programs that use SWORD so that I can see
how they use the existing classes and start substituting an equivalent STEP
class.

	God's been good so far.  I'll get there one way or another.

Steve