[sword-devel] John Gill

Jeffrey Hoyt sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 08:29:29 -0700

Hi all,

We need to understand that in a free market economy, such as the United
States, the forces of market economics must be allowed to work.  I think some
people are accusing Bob, et.al. of "pulling a Microsoft" on the
Bible-studying world.  If someone doesn't like the fact that Bob sells Huck
Finn for $20, look elsewhere.  If Bob really wants your business, maybe he
will lower his price.  However, as long as there are people willing to pay
his price, he has no incentive to reduce it.  That's how the economy works.
Dirt-poor tightwads like me :-) are in no way hindered from getting a copy
that is monetarily free.

I DO take exception with something I heard on the list unrelated (directly)
to Bob - why is the world does Zondervan want $15,000 UP FRONT just to
distribute the NIV, and pay royalties on top of that?  If anyone can explain
that, I would appreciate it.  To me in my ignorance, that seems more
monopolistic than anything.  Same with Lockman and NASB, etc.

God bless, and let's turn those autoflaming off!  :-)
Jeff Hoyt
--
| http://jhoyt.faithweb.com |
    Don't be conservative.